BIGSdb version 1.11.0 has been released and is available for download from Sourceforge and GitHub. This is the genomics platform that runs the PubMLST databases. This is a major release that provides the following:
- RESTful interface to facilitate access to data within BIGSdb databases by third-party tools. Authentication is supported by OAuth 1.0A to allow access to password-restricted resources.
- Web-based data submission system that allows users to submit data (alleles, profiles, isolates) to curators via the web. The interface supports data generated by NGS tools.
- Command line contig uploader script that allows data to be uploaded to the database outside of the web interface.
- New icons (using Font Awesome). These are scalable vector icons that work at any resolution and allow CSS styling.
Improved account security
- Passwords are now hashed using the bcrypt algorithm to resist brute-force attacks if the authentication database is compromised.
- Improved distribution of autotagger and autodefiner jobs between threads.
- Support for multi-threading in MAFFT alignments.
- Improved performance of scheme completion queries.
- Improved contig upload performance.
Full documentation can be found at http://bigsdb.readthedocs.org/.